I think the secret is out about Aurora, Colorado becasue home values have been increasing nearly 20% over the last year. The main reason behind the rapid increase in Aurora home values is that Aurora is a great city and it is actually pretty close to Downtown Denver. A 10-15 minute drive or ride on the bus down Colfax and you are in the heart of the city. Here is my top 10 list for Aurora Colorado:
1. The Anschitz Medical Campus https://www.ucdenver.edu/anschutz/Pages/landing.aspx
2. The new Fitzsimonds Redevelopment https://www.auroragov.org/CityHall/ActiveCityProjects/FitzsimonsRedevelopment/index.htm (I was born at the old Fitzsimons when my dad was in the Army)
3. The new light rail system https://www.rtd-denver.com/LightRail_Map.shtml
4. Downtown Aurora Visual Arts https://www.davarts.org/
5. Aurora is home to 6 amazing craft beer breweries https://www.colorado.com/co/aurora/attractions-entertainment#1|4||275,34||||||531970750||| and one of my favorite beers
6. Recreation at the reservoirs https://www.auroragov.org/ThingsToDo/Reservoirs/index.htm
7. Aurora is a golfer's paradise and home to several great courses https://www.auroragov.org/ThingsToDo/Golf/index.htm
8. Aurora has a great Symphony Orchestra https://www.aurorasymphony.org/
9 Aurora homes are still affordable, especially compared to other cities in the Metro area. Aurora averages about $150 a square foot according to REColoraodo while Denver Averages about $250+ a square foot
10. Aurora is home to some great restaurants https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g29144-Aurora_Colorado.html#MAINWRAP https://www.bentforkgrill.com/
Aurora won the All American City Award in 2008 and I think Aurora is changing quite a bit and in the next 5-10 years I think Aurora won't look anything like it does today. I am working on rebranding central Aurora as the CoVana neighborhood right now, that is Colfax and Havana.
If you are interested in finding out more about Aurora's real estate contact me the Aurora real estate expert and I will answer your questions with the voice of experience.